EZ-Plug was created because we forgot to send plywood to a job one day. We needed to fill the holes where the old pot vents had been when a customer was switching to ridge vent. Someone on the job blurted out, “I wish they made a plug for these holes!” I couldn’t sleep that night, and thought about it all of the next day.
The rest of the story is just time and money. After three years, we had a patent and a finished product that was ready for market. With over 100,000 EZ-Plugs sold and installed in roofs across the United States, my greatest joy comes from having not one complaint about the product, But having hundreds of contractors saying that they love the EZ-Plug and will never be without it.
Home owner wants a new roof and wants all vents removed, holes filled and ridge vent installed at peaks.
Center EZ-PLUG in hole.
Nail it down by hand or nail gun.
A total of 8 nails into the flanges as seen in this picture.
EZ-PLUG is fast and strong!
That’s it! You’re finished. Get back to shingling and making money!
(You can thank us later.)
- EZ-PLUG’s outside dimensions are 11-7/8 inches X 11-7/8 inches.
- EZ-PLUG’s wood center section is 7-1/2 inches X 7-1/2 inches.
- EZ-PLUG’s wood center is 7/16 inches thick OSB sheathing.
- EZ-PLUG can be nailed in extreme cold without cracking.
- EZ-PLUG will not fail or weaken in extreme heat.
- EZ-PLUG plastic will not react to oils or petroleum products.
- EZ-PLUG is much stronger than a plywood patch cut rafter to rafter.
- EZ-PLUG can also be used to repair rotten wood or other miscellaneous holes in the roof, provided the hole is no greater than 8 X 8 inches.
- EZ-PLUG makes it much safer for workers on the roof. No more large holes waiting for plywood to be cut and installed. In most cases, the EZ-PLUG fits in the hole with very little or no cutting.
- EZ-PLUG INSTALLS IN SECONDS WITH VERY LITTLE EFFORT.
- EZ-PLUG is to have no less than 8 nails (per plug, per patched hole). There should be one nail in each corner, and one nail in the center of each side (top, bottom, right and left sides).